The ArcticTracker aims to be a successor to the abandoned PolaricTracker, with modular design, new functionality and a significantly lower pricetag.
This page will be updated as the project moves along..
What we want:
- 5W+ Tx
- 24H+ operational time
- Internal storage for high resolution track-recording.
- Bluetooth/WiFi capable addon module
- iGate capable
- KISS TNC capable
- One-button operation
We’re currently looking at the following modules:
- $43 – Teensy3 -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/131422589157)
- $13 – VHF RTx -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/191210888951)
- $21 – 5W PA -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221469229136)
- $08 – GPS -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251878598698)
- $04 – Bluetooth -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221539731840)
- $04 – WiFi -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/171595396702)
- $07 – Box -> (http://www.ebay.com/itm/331151027423)
This should give a price tag around $100, not including PCB and battery pack. Hopefully we’ll manage to keep this below $150.